The ‘Promoter’ is RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd, 541 Devon Street East, Fitzroy, New Plymouth 4312
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all RJ Eagar employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
(c) all people who have won a prize from the channel/station running this promotion in the last 14 days. If the previously won prize was valued at over $1000 the winner must stand-down from entering for a period of 90 days.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘ Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
3. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules
4. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
6. RJ Eagar reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
7. RJ Eagar reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who RJ Eagar decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
9. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing unless otherwise directed by contestants at the time of entry.
10. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email
Winning the Prize
11. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
12. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
13. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.
15. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable.
16. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
17. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd Responsibility
18. RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
19. RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to technical malfunction or otherwise.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
21. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, RJ Eagar (1989) Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
22.Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
23.If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.